Here are the highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Youth writing club (3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) @ zoom: Southborough Library is home to this virtual creative writing club for ages 10-18. Zoom sessions are a fun and encouraging space to get creative and develop skills with peers. For more details see dedicated post.
- Wellness series: emotional toolkit (7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.) @ zoom: The free wellness series for ages 12 and up is offered by Southborough Library and Jill Vroman Fitness & Wellness. This session, discover your emotions and how they can impact your health. Pre-register by sending an email to [email protected] For more details, see the dedicated article.
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Bodybuilding classes for seniors (8:30 am) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For more details on semi-weekly classes, see the newsletter.
- Advanced Tai Chi for Seniors (9.45am) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For more details on semi-weekly classes, see the newsletter.
- Preschool Story Time (10:30 am – 11:15 am) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Join Miss Kim for stories and crafts based on a weekly theme. No registration required.
- Senior singers (11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly singing group rehearsal open to all seniors in the area, regardless of singing ability. For more details see dedicated post..
- Bridge (12:30 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group, welcoming new participants. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Knitting club (1:00 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: Knitters, welcoming new members. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Tech Time Tuesday (4:00 PM – 5:00 PM) @ Southborough Library Teen Room: Need help with tech? Library staff and teen volunteers will go out of their way to help you. Bring questions about eBooks and eBooks. This is a downside event; no registration required. Sessions are limited to 1 hour maximum.
Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Elder law advice (10:00 am – 10:45 am) @zoom: A lawyer specializing in elder law will offer Southborough seniors free personalized legal advice in scheduled remote sessions. To register, call the Seniors Center at (508) 229-4453 to reserve a time slot. For more details, see the bulletin.
- Beginnings of the young STEM scientist (10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.) @ zoom: this is a free weekly virtual series for children aged 3 to 6 to learn STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) concepts through hands-on activities , story time and simple experiences. This is provided by the YMCA of Central MA but hosted by the Southborough Library. To register, email Kim Ivers at [email protected] or call 508-485-5031.
Veterans Day – Thursday 11 November 2021
- Federal holiday: No public school today. The buildings of the city are closed (Town Hall, Library, Seniors Center.)
- Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony (10:45 am) @ All Wars Memorial: After a short parade from the community house, veterans will lead the town’s annual ceremony, featuring readings and patriotic music. For more details, see the dedicated article.
Friday 12 November 2021
- Canasta (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Billiards (8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly walk-in game. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Dull Men’s Club (10h00) @ zoom: Relaxed social club for senior men. New members are always welcome. To be added to zoom mailing lists, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
Saturday 13 November 2021
- Assabet Valley Crafts Fair (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough: AVRTHS invites the community to join them for its annual Craft Fair featuring a variety of artisans, vendors, food dealerships and a raffle. For more details see dedicated post.
- Drop in art (10:30 am – 12 noon) @ Southborough Library: The Southborough Library is hosting this free art session for children ages 5 and up. Children will make a paper “thank you tree” to show what they are grateful for. No registration required. Sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library.