Here are the highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Youth Writing Club (3:30-4:30 p.m.) @ zoom: The Southborough Library is hosting this virtual creative writing club for ages 10-18. Zoom sessions are a fun and challenging space to get creative and develop skills with peers. For more details, see the dedicated post.
- Wellness Series: Emotional Toolkit (7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.) @ zoom: Free Wellness Series for ages 12 and up is courtesy of Southborough Library and Jill Vroman Fitness & Wellness. This session, get to know your emotions and how they can impact your health. Pre-register by emailing [email protected] For more details, see the dedicated post.
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Bodybuilding classes for seniors (8:30 a.m.) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For more details on semi-weekly classes, see the bulletin.
- Advanced Tai Chi for Seniors (9:45 a.m.) @ zoom: Pre-registration required. For more details on semi-weekly classes, see the bulletin.
- Preschool story time (10.30am – 11.15am) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Join Miss Kim for stories and crafts based on a weekly theme. No registration required.
- Senior singers (11:00 a.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly rehearsal for the singing group open to all seniors in the area, regardless of singing level. For more details, see dedicated article.
- Bridge (12:30 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group, welcoming new participants. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- knitting club (1:00 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: Knitters, welcoming new members. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Tuesday Technical Time (4:00pm – 5:00pm) @ Southborough Library Teen Room: Need help with technology? Library staff and teen volunteers will do their best to help you. Bring questions about e-books and e-resources. This is a drop event; no registration necessary. Sessions are limited to a maximum of 1 hour.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Advice on Elder Law (10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.) @zoom: Elder Law Advocate will provide Southborough seniors with free personalized legal advice during scheduled remote sessions. To register, call the Seniors Center at (508) 229-4453 to reserve a time slot. For more details, see the bulletin.
- Beginnings of a young STEM scientist (10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.) @zoom: This is a free weekly virtual series for children ages 3-6 to learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts through hands-on activities , story time and simple experiments. This is provided by the YMCA of Central MA but hosted by Southborough Library. To register, email Kim Ivers at [email protected] or call 508-485-5031.
Veterans Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Federal holiday: No public school today. The buildings of the city are closed (Town Hall, Library, Maison des Seniors.)
- Veterans Parade and Ceremony (10:45 a.m.) @ All Wars Memorial: After a short parade from the Community House, veterans will lead the town’s annual ceremony, including readings and patriotic music. For more details, see the dedicated post.
Friday, November 12, 2021
- Canasta (10:00 a.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- Billiards (8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly walk-in play. For more details, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
- dull men’s club (10:00 a.m.) @ zoom: Casual social club for senior men. New members are always welcome. To be added to Zoom mailing lists, contact the Seniors Center at 508-229-4453.
Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Assabet Valley Craft Fair (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical Secondary School, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough: AVRTHS invites the community to join them for their annual craft fair featuring a variety of artisans, vendors, food concessions and d a raffle. For more details, see the dedicated post.
- art drop (10:30am – 12:00pm) @ Southborough Library: Southborough Library is hosting this free art session for children aged 5 and up. Children will make a paper “Thanksgiving tree” to show what they are grateful for. No registration required. Sponsored by the Friends of Southborough Library.