GENEVA, Switzerland — August 29, 2022 — At the triennial K fair taking place October 19-26 in Düsseldorf, Germany, the common future of the world will undoubtedly be at the forefront of nearly every discussion. It doesn’t matter whether the topic is automotive electrification or e-mobility, climate change or sustainability. Our planet needs solutions now.
To help OEMs and their suppliers meet the challenge, DuPont’s Mobility and Materials (M&M) group will bring several innovative and rigorously tested solutions to K 2022. In its 300 m2 exhibition stand (Hall 6 / C43), the visitors can see not only new and sustainable materials, but also related systems and application developments pioneered by the team and its vast expertise in polymer science.
At K, the M&M team will showcase new developments in more sustainable solutions, automotive electrification and electric mobility, robotics, consumer electronics, sporting goods, footwear and more.
Additionally, visitors will be invited to meet the sustainable future of the plastics industry in Future Lab, a section of the stand where designers and engineers can find inspiration and eco-friendly solutions that are new or which have not yet been introduced to the market. . These material possibilities include Hytrel® ECO B thermoplastic elastomer, made from biomass; Rynite® PET made from post-consumer recycling; low density Zytel® polyamide and foaming grades of Hytrel® for weight reduction; and finally, an overview of ongoing developments that will go far beyond these current solutions.
A recent innovation, Hytrel® ECO B, Hytrel® A new commercial application will be exhibited on the stand.
In addition, M&M will offer several low-GWP materials and solutions, including eCool technology for sustainable electric vehicle battery cooling lines and Zytel® RS resins that contain between 20% and 100% renewable materials (in weight) derived from castor beans.
As a leading partner to OEMs and their suppliers in the development of sophisticated electric vehicle systems, the company will offer customers multiple hardware and service solutions to current and future challenges. Here are some examples :
- The 3-in-1 solution for electric vehicle batteries: a patent-pending concept for increasing energy density that combines three elements into a single modular unit to reduce range anxiety, increase storage space passengers, improve cooling and integrate components.
- DuPont™ Chemical Bonding (DuPont™ CB): This new patented technology simplifies manufacturing via direct polyamide-aluminum bonding, a common challenge for automotive and industrial components, and produces higher bond strength.
Translating their accomplishments and expertise in the transportation industry into electric mobility applications is second nature to the M&M team. At K 2022, they will showcase their success in solving customer challenges as well as the breadth of their material portfolio.
- E-Bikes: DuPont provides a tailwind to this innovative and rapidly changing market with a future-oriented and sustainable polymer portfolio, combined with design and processing expertise.
- Wireless Charging Systems for Electric Vehicles: Visitors will see this system and learn how the tier supplier that produced it used multiple Zytel® solutions to meet a wide range of requirements: high gloss, NHFR and low warpage, up to the ability to withstand a load of 1000 kg at maximum speed. at 100C.
Sporting goods and consumer electronics
From shoes for runners and fins for divers to components that make consumer electronics work, the M&M booth will showcase many successful commercial applications in the consumer space. A few include:
- Home appliances: robot vacuums and espresso machines made possible by Zytel®, Hytrel®, Crastin® and innovative design
- Running Shoes: From Hytrel® filament uppers to Hytrel® foaming insoles, midsole and outsoles, visitors will see many commercial examples.
- Swim Fins: A customer recently launched patented foldable swim fins to consumers, using an upgrade to Hytrel® ECO B.
Industrial & Electrical
This sector encompasses innovative and demanding markets that DuPont has served well for decades. On the M&M stand, visitors will be able to discover fast-growing applications and solutions in:
- Robotics: From industrial automation and collaborative applications to AMR and AGV technology, a forward-looking polymer portfolio combined with design and processing expertise supports limitless innovation in this market segment. An exposed client application will confirm this.
- Dip Weld Resistant Thermoset Replacement: Perhaps the only thermoplastic solution able to meet the demands of the high temperature dip weld process, this Zytel® grade is capable of replacing phenolic parts and is bio-based, recyclable and NHFR at V0.
Posted: August 29, 2022
Source: DuPont Mobility and Materials