Christmas in Aurora will herald the holiday season with crafts, a free concert and more on Saturday, December 4, in and around the lakeside village.
• All Day: Outdoor Vacation Walk to Aurora Free Library, 370 Main Street (for additional events, visit aurorafreelibrary.org.)
• 10 am to 4 pm: Craft fair at Patrick Tavern, 302, rue Main. Spinning, felting and knitting demonstrations, eggnog and baked cider, seasonings, chocolate, fine art, jewelry and more.
• 10 am to 4 pm: silent charity auction at the Masonic Temple, 325 Main Street. Bid on items donated to support the Aurora Historical Society, as well as the Book Lovers Ball raffle for a handmade quilt to support the Aurora Free Library ($ 10 tickets).
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m .: local artists, refreshments and shows, including Christmas carols, at the United Ministry of Aurora, 337 Main St.
• 10:00 am to 2:00 pm: Tours of the recently restored Taylor House Conference Center of the Inns of Aurora, 396 Main Street.
People also read …
• 10 am to 7 pm: curated selection of paintings, photographs, jewelry, pottery and more at the Copperesque Boutique Gallery, 378 Main Street. Includes a 5 p.m. painting demonstration
• 12 p.m. to 5 p.m .: Open house and holiday shop at the Antique Printing House of Robert LoMascolo, Route 90 and Moonshine Road.
• Noon to 5 pm: Holiday Festival at Treleaven Winery, 658 Lake Road, King Ferry, with cookie decorating, live music and more.
• Afternoon: Hot cider, local gift shopping, pastries, snacks and more at the village market, 385 Main Street.
• 2:00 pm: Free Bones East Trombone Byte Concert at Morgan Opera House, 370 Main St. Christmas and Secular Music, with Syracuse Symphony alumnus William Harris. Donations for the King Ferry Food Pantry will be accepted. Masks required.
• 4:00 p.m .: Village tree lighting at 373 Main Street, in front of the post office.
• 4:30 p.m .: Pizza at the Aurora Fire Department, 456 Main Street, to be picked up or eaten on site. Masks required. To order, call (315) 364-8590 after 3 p.m.
For more information on Christmas in Aurora, visit auroranewyork.us.