The coast is in the grip of another winter storm (with another looming later in the week) and Punxsutawney Phil has just declared six more weeks of winter! When will this end? Might as well give in and curl up under a big crochet or knit throw project until spring.
Whether your decor is cottage chic, bohemian, contemporary, modern or eclectic, there’s a super comfy and cozy throw pattern for you. And so does your skill level – whether you’re a beginner or more advanced knitter or crocheter, the internet offers a virtual plethora of fun and functional throwing patterns.
Here are some of our favorite crocheted and knitted throw patterns that you should be able to finish by the end of winter (which will be sometime in July at this rate).
Find your perfect crochet or knit throw pattern below.
- Wired & Shell Throw Crochet Pattern – for texture and warmth, try this cute intermediate experience level project. Perfect for a sober decoration. Free pattern.
- Super thick double cable throw pattern – Etsy is the place to find cool crochet and knitting patterns, just like this super chunky cable knit project. Take this winter!
- Catch a wave throwing pattern – a bright crochet throw with a wave pattern. The pattern says bohemian to the end! Free pattern.
- Aran Nosegay Crochet Throw – This stunning traditional throw features a lovely bouquet pattern. Free pattern.
- 5 1/2 hour throw – If you’re the impatient type and can’t commit to a project that will take a month or two, try this quick and easy 5 1/2 hour crochet throw pattern. Free pattern.
- Pretty crochet peacock throw pattern – have a flair for drama? So your throw should do the same. This stunning peacock pattern may take a little longer to crochet, but it looks like it would be worth it.
- American flag throw pattern – Work on this chunky knitted throw while watching the Winter Olympics in Sochi!
- Herringbone throw pattern – combine both style and comfort with this trendy knitted herringbone throw. Free pattern.
- Patchwork Sampler Throw Pattern – this knitted project involves knitting each square separately and sewing them together. This project is a bit more advanced. Free pattern.
- Super easy cover template – this easy project is made with super soft and warm merino wool. Free pattern.
- Honeycomb Throw Pattern – crocheted in black, purple and pink, this plaid is a sensation. Free pattern.
From Organic Authority Files
Related to Biological Authority
7 chunky knitting patterns for you and your home
Sustainable Knitting 101
9 DIY Coffee Table Projects With a Clever and Beautiful Repurposed Style
Top picture: ErinBlacksDesigns